Monday, 24 June 2013

Love Mercy Uganda.

I heard about Love Mercy Uganda on the Compassion forums and it sounded amazing. I knew that I wanted to get involved! I thought that I would send a donation towards one of their projects. I had already decided that two sponsor children were enough as I wanted to make sure that I wrote to them frequently after reading a blog post about how important the letters are to the children. 

Love Mercy Uganda supports the Good Samaritan Children's Home in Uganda. Their website is lovemercyuganda.com and there is a lot of information on there! There are photographs of the children and staff as well as information about their special projects. I love that it is so honest! 90% of the monthly sponsor donation goes to pay for the care of your child. 


Their website says "We invite you to join us as we seek to rescue and enrich the lives of these children who have been orphaned, neglected, abused or found living in abject poverty." They are doing amazing work and are willing to answer questions. I should know as I have asked a lot of questions! There are two levels of sponsorship ($30 or $40 dollars per month) and this doesn't mean that the children receive different levels of care. It is just that some people can afford to and want to pay a little more! The children have clean water and good food to eat as well as a place to live and people who take care of them. 


One difference between being a LMU sponsor and being a Compassion sponsor is that you can send actual gifts to your child! So clothes and toys and books and school supplies can be sent! The children write letters and you get photographs too. You can write letters to your child and will receive 4 to 6 letters per year. The children live together as a family. I think that this is important as children need a family. They need to feel loved and cherished, to have faith and hope, and to know that they are worth something. They are not just numbers on a check list. They are children. Individuals with their own likes and dislikes and their own dreams for the future. A future that they need a helping hand to reach. 


I will share all about my new sponsor child soon! The little child that God clearly placed in my path and the darling boy that I fell in love with. 

Please pray for the children and workers at the orphanage and, if you have a spare few minutes, please read a little on the website. They are in a tough situation but they are working hard! 

Blessings,

Jenny

4 comments:

  1. That's so neat!! I've looked at the Love Mercy Uganda stuff on OC....maybe someday we'll be able to sponsor one of the kids! I do love that you can send gifts. I can't wait to learn more about your little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am writing a post about him! The LMU website is really interesting - lots of projects and photographs! x

      Delete
  2. This is so wonderful that you are getting involved! I am hoping to do things like this too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just felt so called towards it!

      You really should when you can - it is super rewarding! x

      Delete